Update on the Heartbleed Bug

All online services have resumed at Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), but unfortunatelyheartbleed

900 social insurance numbers were stolen. Click HERE for the full story.

To ensure communications are secure and cannot be exploited through phishing schemes, CRA will not be calling or emailing individuals to inform them of the breach.

Instead, each affected individual will receive a registered letter informing them of the breach, and will also be provided with credit protection services at no cost.

The tax agency also assures those affected that additional protections will be applied to their CRA accounts.



Effectuer un paiement

Canada Revenue Agency

  • Service bancaire en ligne : Utilisez le service bancaire en ligne de votre institution financière et sélectionnez Agence du revenu du Canada dans la liste des fournisseurs. Il se peut aussi que nous soyons désignés sous les noms suivants :
  • Carte de débit : Utilisez Mon paiement, le service de paiement en ligne de l’ARC. Il permet aux particuliers et aux entreprises de faire des paiements au moyen d’Interac® en ligne. Vous pourriez avoir le droit d’utiliser ce mode de paiement si vous avez un compte bancaire dans l’une des institutions financières suivantes :
  • En personne : Vous pouvez faire votre paiement en personne auprès de votre institution financière au Canada. Vous aurez besoin d’une pièce de versement personnalisée, que vous pouvez demander en ligne au moyen des services Mon dossier ou Accès rapide.
  • Par la poste : Vous pouvez également envoyer votre paiement par la poste à l’ARC. Faites parvenir votre chèque ou mandat (établi à l’ordre du receveur général) et votre pièce de versement à l’adresse suivante :

Agence du revenu du Canada

875, chemin Heron

Ottawa (Ontario) K1A 1B1



What are my options for paying CRA?

Here are your options for making a payment to Canada Revenue Agency (CRA):Canada Revenue Agency

  • Online banking: Use your financial institution’s online banking service and select Canada Revenue Agency in the list of payees. We may also be listed as Revenue Canada; CRA Payment on Filing; or Receiver General.
  • Debit card: Use My payment on  CRA’s online payment service. It allows individuals and businesses to make payments using Interac® Online.
  • In person: You can make your payment in person at your financial institution in Canada. To do this, you will need a personalized remittance voucher, which you can ask for online through My Account or Quick Access.
  • By mail: You can also mail your payment to the CRA. Send your cheque or money order (payable to the Receiver General), along with your remittance voucher, to:

Canada Revenue Agency

875 Heron Road

Ottawa ON K1A 1B1

Community Income Tax Volunteer Program (CITVP)

ImageEach year community organizations and volunteers across Canada help over half a million Canadians file their tax returns. The objective of the Community Volunteer Income Tax Program (CVITP) is to help eligible taxpayers who do not know how to prepare their income tax and benefit returns, and who fit the elibility criteria for income levels and simplicity.

The CVITP is a collaboration between the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) and community organizations who host tax preparation clinics and arrange for volunteers to prepare the returns.

This free service is available for any who have a low to moderate income, and a simple tax situation. The program serves people who have the following income levels: individuals must make $30,000 or less, with single parents with one child making $35,000 or less. Single parents are also allowed to make an extra $2500 per additional child to qualify for the service. Married or common law couples who make $40,000 or less are also eligible.

The program offered at the Volunteer Clinic is also only for those with relatively straightforward financial situations. For example, people are not eligible if they have income from such sources as Capital Gains, if they are a self-employed, or have a business income. Other examples of those not eligible are landlords, people dealing with bankruptcy, have multiple years or returns, or need a return completed for someone who is deceased.

To have volunteers prepare their returns, participants must bring all relevant information with them, including information for spouses or dependents. The previous year’s return, plus any information usually required to file a return- receipts, information slips from the government or financial institution will help people get their return filed in one visit.

For more information go to http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/vlntr/menu-eng.html


FreeOur free consultation will help us determine if your physical or mental impairments qualify for the Disability Tax Credit (DTC) and a glance at your past income tax returns will enable us to give you an approximate refund amount. Simply call us and reverse the charges at 613-677-8406 or send us an email with your telephone number and we will get in touch with your for your free consultation.